COVID Policy Updates
FITNESS SHOWERS RE-OPEN MONDAY 24 AUGUST!
As members would be aware, since re-opening after our COVID shutdown we have kept the locker room showers closed. This was a best practice management policy recommended by both Fitness Australia and the NSW Government who have both advocated that during the Pandemic people should train and go straight home.
After careful consideration and monitoring the practices of other fitness facilities both locally and in other communities we have decided to re-open 4 showers in each of the change rooms. The showers in the centre of the shower block will remain closed to reduce any possible cross contamination and you will see some new procedures in place, and some old one’s re-enforced, to ensure safety is maintained.
Most importantly – If you have been swimming or participating in Aqua Aerobics you MUST dry off before entering the locker rooms. Similarly, once you have had your shower, please dry off in the Shower before returning to your belongings. In addition to spot cleaning done throughout the day, the Locker rooms will be closed for 30 minutes in the middle of the day for deep cleaning:
- Men’s will be closed Monday-Friday from 12:30-1pm
- Ladies from 1-1:30pm.
Members will not have access to the Locker rooms in these short windows and will need to store belongings in the bag storage spaces provided in the venue and use the toilets upstairs. When waiting to use showers members are asked to respect their fellow members space and to keep social distancing in place.
Hand basins remain for washing hands ONLY DO NOT rinse off swim wear or any clothing in hand basins DO NOT use hand basins for shaving, brushing teeth or other personal grooming practices.
Showers in our Aquatic Hall remain closed. This is simply due to the small size of the area and the inability to safely control the capacity in these locker rooms. We will continue to monitor and consider our options.
It still remains Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre’s strong recommendation that when people finish their workout, they leave and shower and/or change at home or their office.
Our Spa and Steam Room remain closed. This remains the case not only because it is best practice according to many governing bodies, but with limits on numbers we could have in those facilities (3 in the Steam room and 2 in the Spa) there is no way to fairly and equitably manage these spaces to ensure everyone got an equal opportunity to use them and to use them as frequently as they would like.
We apologise for this inconvenience but as much as we know many of our members enjoy the spa and steam room, it remains a high risk area and the safety of our members is paramount.
STRIKES START FOR NO-SHOWS
The Online Bookings have been going well and we hope you are enjoying this feature.
Due to the numbers of members not showing for classes and not cancelling their bookings we have commenced sending SMS to No Shows.
If you register more than 3 Strikes, you will be denied access for 1 Month from the Online Bookings App and will need to show up to Classes at Reception to see if spots are still available.
Please do the right thing and cancel your classes if you cannot make your class and allow the spot for someone else
NEW ONLINE WAITING LIST COMING SOON
We are excited that soon we will be offering a Class Booking Waitlist Option
– When a Session/Class reaches full capacity, we will automatically create a new Waitlist class for that Session.
– The online experience will change with the book button transformed into a Waitlist button.
– You can register for the Waitlist through our current online ActiveCarrot (coming soon).
– When you register, an automated email will be sent advising you of your position in the queue.
– If you cancel your booking, the next member on the Waitlist is automatically enrolled and notified.
– Automated emails will be sent to you to remind you about your upcoming class the night before.
Stay tuned…Coming very soon
SCHOOL CHILDREN PROCEDURES
The health and wellbeing of our members and guests remains our number one priority. To this end, Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre is continuing to monitor the occurrence and impact of COVID-19 in our local community – adjusting our policies and guidelines where necessary, to ensure we are providing a safe environment for our members and guests.
In light of this, the Gymnastics and Aquatic specialties at Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre would like to assure our families that we will endeavour to continue providing the safest possible environment by requesting your cooperation with, and adherence to, the following guidelines:
- If you, or a member of your household, has attended a school that has been closed as a result of COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre for the duration of the school’s closure.
- Follow any directives regarding isolation and testing, issued by the NSW Health department, with relation to your school.
- Contact the Gymnastics or Aquatic administration to advise of your situation. We will organise appropriate action to place your classes at Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre on hold, until you are cleared to resume.
- If you have not been instructed to self-isolate, you may return to our facility when your school has re-opened.
Please remember that if you are unwell, or if you have recently visited any of the highlighted and known hotspots, please refrain from visiting Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre. It is our aim to continue to develop and maintain procedures that ensure the risk within Castle Hill Fitness and Aquatic Centre is minimised, and we will be sure to work with our families and the community to clearly communicate any updates.
Thank you for your support. The implementation of changes to our process is not taken lightly, and is done with the safety of our members in mind.
Thank you for your understanding.